so, i'm 5 full days into this journey to Uganda, and I feel like I have so much to share and at the same time so little. processing a lot, so more to come. but here's 5 things I've learned so far:
1. doing PE with 25+ children ages 2 thru 7 is kinda hard but incredibly hilarious.
2. church and Bible study under the trees is pretty stinkin' incredible! makes church in a building seem weird.
3. when things don't quite work like at home, we make it work Africa style...like a sticker over the hole in a beach ball. it worked perfectly!
4. herding goats is absolutely hilarious and is easier than i thought it would be. at least the 5 i herded back next door with my friend simona today. they came through a hole in the fence and we volunteered to help get them back home...with no idea of how to do that. somehow, we figured it out, with one of the kids watching and laughing the whole time.
5. i LOVE the kids here and loving on orphans! i cannot picture a more humbling, beautiful, precious picture of how my Jesus loves me!
here's a picture of one of my buddies here, who is coming home to nashville sometime soon (pray for his family who is waiting and his precious heart as he waits!)...this is after a day of goat herding and PE...hence, i look a little rough...but my precious friend is too cute to not share: