Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Love language

I’m sitting in a circle with twenty five children ages 2 thru almost 5, and we’re singing songs. The children are choosing, one by one, a song to sing. One little girl asks to sing Blessed Be Your Name. It’s been a song she’s chosen the last few days. And those little voices start singing along with their aunties:


Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious Name

You give and take away
You give and take away

My heart will choose to say,
Lord blessed be Your name



And I realize I’ve never heard anything more beautiful or heart rending…all in one song that I’ve known for so long. It’s been a song that has spoken to my heart before, but never like this. To hear the voices of orphans lifting this up…there are hardly words. Though they may not totally get it, they sing it, and they sing it out. They choose it, day after day. Children who have had much taken away. Children who could choose a very different tune. And yet this is what they sing. They sing a song to bless His name. They sing it out with their hearts. In the hurt and the pain and the joy and the beauty, they sing. Never has this song been more beautiful. Never will it be the same.



A week when I feel lonely, frustrated, and all over the place personally and spiritually, and I’m in a place where I get to choose to serve, and how to serve…with an attitude of love and joy or one of frustration and weariness. I wish I could say I always choose love and joy. I don’t. But He is working in me there. And as I’m walking through this week, we sing this beautiful song at Bible study called Empty Me. It’s new to me since being here, and I've heard it a couple times now. It’s becoming a theme song in my heart.

Holy Fire burn away my desire for anything that is not of You and is of me, cause I want more of You and less of me



My sweet sister sent me the newest Passion album to download. It is SO encouraging my heart!  New and favorite worship music.  Such sweet goodness.  Have gotten to listen to it with the other volunteers and jsut praise our Jesus. Go check it out if you haven't yet.  Let it speak to your heart.

 
To me, music is a Love language, and the Lord is weaving it throughout my days here.  I hear Him and I know His Love through music. Thank you Jesus for that beautiful gift!


Blessed be His name. Forever.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel like I cry every time I read your posts now. The thought of those precious young children singing that song breaks my heart and yet makes it rejoice at the same time. We do have a God who gives and takes away, but He is always good.

So sorry it was a tough week for you, sweet friend. Praying for you always. I pray that in those lonely, frustrating, tough moments that you feel God holding you close to His chest and carrying you through.

Love you much.

Unknown said...

Oh. P.S. That was Alice. I'm on Jeff's computer and didn't know he was logged in. Oops!

He loves you too :)

Sarah said...

haaha, al, I was just reading those and thining how sweet it was of Jeff and how much it sounded like you...hahaha. thanks sister : ) love you much too! sorry for making you cry all the time...i'll try to remedy that!

Alice said...

hahaha, i know! total fail...oops. but still got the message to you :)

and noooo, don't worry about making me cry. just keep sharing your heart, sweet friend! sometimes it's happy tears and sometimes sad, but i love reading what is going on in your heart, so you keep sharing!