Saturday, March 26, 2011

update!

So, the last few weeks have been pretty busy and I've been a little bit sick the last few days, and because of all that, I've been super slack on all forms of communication...sorry about that!  Here are some pictures to help tell the story of the last few weeks, I am working on getting another post up that's more in depth....although they say a picture's worth a thousand words, so these are worth a lot I guess...so, here's what I've been doing:

Getting a front row seat to see some beautiful forever families united as a number of adoptions occur here, the closest to my heart being that of my dear friend Michelle (who I worked alongside with for 147 Million Orphans) and her husband Mike, who will be bringing another Uganda treasure home to Nashville from Amani!  Here they are with their sweet boy...



Having too much fun on Water Wednesdays...favorite activity day of the week

Simona and Jacob slip'n'slidin...the aunties have just as much fun as the kids!


Getting to know the market, working on my bargaining skills.  The vegetables and fruit here are SO cheap and delicious!


Loving on little bittys and learning how to use baby slings : )



Playing with the parachute...roadtrip down memory lane to elementary school PE every time this gets whipped out. The kids love it (see faces above).


Laughing at silly signs like this one....don't you want to go see who is up there?



Helping teach preschool to little bittys like this...teaching them how to write their letters, how to write their names, and lots of other fun things!



Taking William, the little boy who has stolen the biggest part of my heart, for a painting lesson and just getting to show him some extra love : )


Visiting my new dear friend Megan in Kampala with the other 3 volunteers I've become good friends with!  Bottom row: Megan, Hallie, Rakul; Top row: Me, Simona

Spending most of the day on the Saturday when we went to Kampala at this gorgeous pool, getting a few hours of precious relaxation time and sweet friend time. So needed and refreshing.


Figuring out what to do with toddler and preschool age kiddos when it rains most days of the week.  The rainy season is in full swing, and so we're having to get creative.  The ever classic balloon tied to the ankle game where you try to pop your friends balloon proved both hilarious and the cause of many tears. Probably a one-time only game for this crowd..

We've been reading lots of books.  Here we have The Very Hungry Caterpillar, always a crowd pleaser : )  Our most favorite book is The Jesus Storybook Bible ...thanks sweet Leigh!!! We read it every day in preschool!


Kidsitting with Hallie for my dear friends here, the Ives. Such a fun weekend!


Overall, loving on the Amani family...Mamas, Uncles and children!

So, that's some of what I've been up to! Along with loving Uganda, following my sweet Jesus, and of course missing all of you! Much love!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your posts always bring the biggest smile to my face :) Thanks for the shout out! I'm so glad you're enjoying that beautiful book. It looks like you're having a blast. Love seeing pictures! Can't wait to hear more. Love you so much!!!

Emily Crane said...

oh how i love seeing every one of these pictures!! my favorite is the parachute with the mile-wide smile and you and willy at painting class :) they brought tears to my eyes! also, on the last post...i love that jeremy camp song. bets introduced me to it freshman year and it's been a constant prayer. praying that the Lord would continue ridding you of yourself, revealing his glory to you, and filling you with it. know you're loved from near and far! xoxo

Kendra Marie said...

Precious!

Betty Cope said...

All the pictures are amazing! You do such a good job capturing life there. (If you are the owner of the clouds over the savannah pic--should include at next year's FF auction, should fetch a pretty penny.) I mostly appreciate your heart for Jesus and his children, and the privilege to know you.